Julian Assange has been detained without charge for600 days.
– 40 days at the Ecuadorian Embassy.
A secret Grand Jury on WikiLeaks has been active for 681 days.
- WikiLeaks is asking that people log in to their Friends of WikiLeaks accounts and drop all inactive contacts, as they are about to do the next re-assignment round.
- The full 80-minute uncut episode of The World Tomorrow: Cypherpunks Part 1 is now available.
- WikiLeaks released new Syria Files which discuss the Syrian regime fearing a terrorist attack encouraged by Saudi Arabia, Asma al-Assad’s powerful cabinet image that helped Western PR agencies, and more.
Julian Assange News:
- Justice for Assange posted a list of answers in response to harmful inaccuracies about the allegations against Julian Assange promoted by Twitter user @SandraEckersley.
- Friends of WikiLeaks are gathering messages of encouragement for Julian Assange to be delivered to the Ecuadorian Embassy on August 12, the day of the Olympics closing ceremonies. You can email your message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WikiLeaks tweeted that Christine Assange arrived safely in Ecuador this morning, where she will be meeting with Ecuadorian FM Ricardo Patiño to discuss her son’s bid for asylum.
- SomersetBean has created a new poster and flyer for supporting Julian Assange during the 2012 London Olympics.
- WSWS wrote on the Four Corners special “Sex, Lies, and Julian Assange” and what it revealed about the allegations against Mr Assange. The full program plus extended interviews can be viewed at the Four Corners website.
- Julian Assange’s bail providers are expected to start legal proceedings regarding why they should not lose their money. One of the bail providers, Vaughan Smith, commented, “In my view Julian has not skipped bail nor is he evading justice; he is seeking justice”.
- Daily vigils for Julian Assange continue at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London and are scheduled to go until a decision is made.
Bradley Manning News: